Belief and Mission
Outcome believes human sexuality is a gift from God to be accepted and enjoyed. Although this gift is sometimes misused, we believe it is part of the goodness of God’s creativity in our world, and through such creative activity God encourages diversity to be embraced and celebrated. Outcome believes with each gift comes the responsibility to follow the example of Jesus and the law of love. Therefore, we believe it is part of God’s wondrous will to bless all relationships that are whole, stable and loving, including sexual relationships between people of the same-sex.
It is our mission to encourage the church to accept the diversity of God’s people and fully embrace the wide variety of people who may call themselves lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer.
- supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and queer (LGBTQ) people in their Christian discipleship
- campaigning on issues regarding the inclusion of LGBTQ people and seeking full equality for all God’s people
- supporting the ministry of LGBTQ people and those who may need to minster to LGBTQ people
- encouraging the church to use language in official documents, hymns and liturgy which is sensitive and inclusive
- helping people to be more confident in revealing their sexual identity and being ‘out’
- working towards a church where same-sex couples enjoy the same privileges as their heterosexual counterparts and are included to the same extent